Fabrics

Published on January 5th, 2010 | by Becky Striepe

Fab Fabrics: 2009 Retrospective

Happy new decade from all of us at Crafting a Green World! We thought it would be fun to take a look back at last year’s Fab Fabrics as we get geared up for another year of green crafting. Here’s a look back at 12 months of vintage, recycled, organic, and funky Fab Fabrics!

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

And now, we turn to you, crafty people! What are some fabulous fabric options we should be keeping an eye on for 2010?

Tags: , ,

My name is Becky Striepe (rhymes with “sleepy”), and I am a crafts and food writer from Atlanta, Georgia with a passion for making our planet a healthier, happier, and more compassionate place to live. My mission is to make vegan food and crafts accessible to everyone!. If you like my work, you can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, and .

15 Responses to Fab Fabrics: 2009 Retrospective

1. daisy janie says:

Great round-up! A fabulous fabric option for 2010 will be my collection of organic cotton fabric, Geo Grand. It will be available in March! So excited!! See preview here: Geo Grand by Daisy Janie

2. daisy janie says:

3. THANK YOU!! I’ll add that right now!

4. THANK YOU!! I’ll add that right now!

5. thea & sami says:

We are adding new hand-printed designs to our range organic and sustainable fabrics too. February is the release date!

6. thea & sami says:

7. Lisa says:

So many great options! I’ve been hearing a lot more about re purposing vintage fabrics lately… maybe that’ll be a bigger trend this year :)

8. Lisa says:

9. Pingback: My Love of Links 2010- Vol I | Green + Chic

10. Pingback: My Love of Links 2010- Vol I | Green + Chic

11. heckety says:

‘Repurposing vintage fabric’ sounds like being thrifty to me! I almost always work with fabric left-overs and recycled, some old, some not, but more from an economy reason than the desire to follow the trend…I love vintage fabric, the smell, the different texture, the patterns, and even when it has not lasted well and looks a bit odd!

12. heckety says:

13. Anna says:

FLUF Design is a Canadian company offering fabrics that are hand-printed using water-based, heavy metal free and biodegradable dyes. Their entire line is available along with Mod Green Pod, Cloud 9, Repeat Studio) at the Plum Project Studio website.