Valentine’s Day isn’t actually a holiday invented by greeting companies (hint: it’s quite possibly a pagan fertility festival!), and the greeting card companies don’t have to rule over it, either, not when you’re so crafty!
There are loads of beautiful, unique recycled Valentine’s Day crafts that you can make, from decorations to valentines to sweet gifts, that will make this holiday special. So check out the list below, dig through your recycling bin, and get to work–you have a Valentine to woo!
24 Recycled Valentine’s Day Crafts
1. aluminum can heart earrings. Earrings like these make a quick and easy gift for a loved one. Just make sure to sand all edges well–aluminum can be sharp!
2. baby food jar Valentine-themed storage. These upcycled jars can store little treats, baking supplies, or Valentine’s Day craft materials. Also, they’re heart-themed!
3. button heart hair pin. Dress up a little for Valentine’s Day!
4. candy box chalkboard. Use last year’s candy box for this year’s candy, and add a special message.
5. crayon heart Valentines. We have absolutely made these class Valentines before, and so I can guarantee you that they’re great!
6. “Cute as a Button” Valentine. Use up some of your button stash with these cute class Valentines.
7. deck of cards book. Are there 52 reasons why you love someone special? Let them know with this book made from an old deck of cards.
8. heart-shaped dessert toppers. These little dessert toppers would be a cute addition to a class party.
9. heart streamers. Streamers are always good party decorations, and these upcycled heart streamers are super festive!
10. manila folder Valentine. Who uses actual paper files anymore? Upcycle all those old file folders into these beautiful Valentines.
11. monster mailbox. What’s better than a Valentine mailbox? A Valentine mailbox that looks like a MONSTER!
12. newspaper Valentines. For some reason, newspaper takes watercolor like a champ, making these painted newspaper hearts absolutely gorgeous Valentines.
13. oatmeal container gift box. Put your special Valentine’s Day gift in a gift box that’s just as special.
14. paper strip hearts. Think outside the box with these hearts–wouldn’t glossy magazine pages be so pretty?
15. picture frame wreath. Put a special message into this Valentine wreath, made from an old picture frame.
16. Priority Mail envelope pop-up card. Are you late in taking out all of your Christmas trash? Then you’re in luck, since you can upcycle some of your holiday mail into this holiday card!
17. puzzle piece Valentine. This kid-made Valentine upcycles an old puzzle, and make the perfect Valentine for best friends.
18. recycled wreath. Does your door look lonely after winter? Make this wreath just for Valentine’s Day!
19. sewn Valentines. You can use a wide variety of materials for the hearts–it’s the simple stitching that makes these Valentines really special.
20. shampoo bottle door hanger mailbox. Does your family like to exchange Valentines? If so, these door hangers are perfect for bedroom doors–and they’re upcycled from shampoo bottles!
21. sweatshirt refashion. Freezer paper stenciling is my favorite way to rescue a stained shirt, and I love using it to make a holiday-themed shirt for a kid.
22. toilet paper roll Valentine. This Valentine makes a great container for a small toy or treat, as well.
23. Valentine mailbox. This class Valentine mailbox upcycles old cereal boxes, but my favorite thing about it? It looks like a real mailbox!
24. “You Hold the Key to My Heart” art. Here’s an easy, upcycled decor piece that you can leave up all year.
One CommentLeave a Reply
So many up cycled ideas to use for Valentines. I was looking for some creative ways to make a present for my friend. Thanks for sharing:)