25 Last Minute Gift Ideas
Stop stressing, and get crafting! Here are 25 simple gifts you can make for the folks on your list.
- Rice Pillow – Your recipient can use this as a hot or cold pad for sore muscles or on her face to soothe tired eyes.
- Reusable Snack Bag – Kids and grownups alike will love this handmade alternative to disposable plastic baggies. Whip up a few in different sizes to make a complete set.
- Junk Mail Notepad – Everyone needs a notepad for writing lists and ideas.
- Hot Cocoa Mix – Angry Chicken shows you how to make simple mason jars full of hot cocoa. If you don’t have any mason jars handy, any reclaimed, clean glass jar will do the trick! You can make this a vegan recipe by choosing vegan chocolate chips and vegan marshmallows for the jar.
- Scrabble Coaster – Coasters are great gifts for anyone who has a coffee table.
- Personalized Glasses – Pick up some etching cream and turn some thrift store glasses into personalized gifts.
- Walford Window Star – Winter can feel gloomy, so give the gift of COLOR!
- Poured Wax Candles – Who doesn’t love candles, right?
- Lentil Soup Mix – It’s super simple to make pretty jarred soup mixes, and they make great gifts.
- Jars of Granola – Festive granola is a sweet treat they’ll love to eat!
- Hand-Mixed Chai Tea – Got a tea drinker on your list?
- Guitar Pick – For the musicians on your list.
- Custom Wall Art – Grab some paint and pretty, reclaimed paper!
- The 5 Minute Headband – Raid your stash of vintage neckties and make some cute, easy headbands.
- T-Shirt Scarf – This scarf is quick to make and a fun take on the old DIY standard.
- Mint Sugar Lip Scrub – Winter is brutal on our lips, and your recipients will love this DIY solution!
- Wristwarmers – These are simple to make and cozy to wear.
- The 10 Step Kindle Case – Grab some felt and fabric from your stash and get sewing!
- Handmade Potholders – This tutorial uses all stash materals!
- Upcycled Necklace – Got a vintage necklace handy? Give it a little updating and you’re ready to gift!
- Napkin Ring Pin Cushion – Turn your old napkin rings – or ones you score at the thrift store – into cute mini pincushions for the seamsters in your life.
- Homemade Sugar Scrub – The gift of luxury!
- Terrarium – A quick trip to the garden center should yield everything you need to make your own terrarium. Instead of a new mason jar, use a reclaimed jar from the recycle bin.
- Homemade Dog Treats – Your dog-loving friends will adore this gift for their best friends!
- Homemade Cat Treats – Are your friends more cat people than dog people? No problem! Treat those felines right.
Do you have any last-minute gifts in the works? We’d love to hear your ideas in the comments!
Image Credit: Christmas Gifts photo via Shutterstock