Published on November 8th, 2013 | by Bonnie Getchell14
Winter Crafts: Upcycle a Pill Bottle into a Snowman!
This is quite possibly one of my favorite winter crafts– upcycle a pill bottle into an adorable snowman!
My grandma loved to keep her empty pill bottles for me to upcycle into cute crafts. I recently found a stash of pill bottles she had given me and I was inspired by the hat-like shape that the lid had. This inspiration led me to create an adorable pill bottle snowman that just makes this heart of mine smile!
What You Will Need:
1. An empty pill bottle
2. White and black spray paint. Spray paint isn’t the greenest craft supply, so try to use low VOC spray paint, if possible.
5. Two small twigs/sticks
6. A black permanent marker
7. Hot glue/hot glue gun
How To Do It:
1. Clean your pill bottle and remove all of the labels. If you’re having a hard time removing them, check out this eco-friendly way to easily remove labels.
2. Once dry, take the lid off the pill bottle. Spray paint the lid black and spray paint the pill bottle white. Remember, when it comes to spray paint, you will get better results if you do multiple light coats rather than one heavy coat.
3. While your paint dries, find two small twigs/sticks from your yard. These will become the arms of the snowman. Then, search through your vintage button stash and find two small, black buttons. Last but not least, cut a long rectangle out of your recycled felt.
5. Once the paint dries on your pill bottle, put the lid back on. Now it’s time to put the snowman together! I hot glued the buttons on first. After, I hot glued the “scarf” around the pill bottle. Then, I hot glued the twigs/sticks to the side of the pill bottle.
6. With your permanent marker, draw a cute face on the snowman.