The kitchen can be one of the most wasteful rooms in your house. From food packaging to disposable paper products, food waste is about more than just the food itself, isn’t it? Here are some projects to help you replace disposables with reusables and reduce some food waste, too!
1. How to Make Cloth Napkins – Paper napkins are for suckers! Save money and resources by making your own cloth napkins instead!
2. 5 Tasty Canning Recipes – Spring is here, and that means a bounty of fresh fruit and veggies. You can make the most of that spring harvest by putting up some of that goodness for less productive seasons.
3. DIY Dish Towels – Paper towels, schmaper schmowels! Make a big batch of cloth dish towels instead and save cash and paper.
4. Homemade Tea Blends – Who needs to spend a lot of money on tea from the store? Choose your own ingredients to make loose tea at home on the cheap and with less waste!
5. Coffee Can Crafts – Do you buy your coffee in those big tins? Instead of tossing them in the recycle bin, try some of these upcycling projects instead!