Published on March 3rd, 2017 | by Julie Finn1
16 Eco-Friendly St. Patrick’s Day Crafts
St. Patrick’s Day is more than just a holiday for wearing green and getting drunk.
Seriously, Friends, you’re better than that.
As our first holiday of the year with spring-like weather, St. Patrick’s Day is for sure worth celebrating. Check out these eco-friendly treats, decorations, and fun activities that will make your St. Patrick’s Day great!
1. bell pepper shamrock stamp. Look what a perfect shamrock stamp a bell pepper makes!
2. crocheted shamrock. Here’s a good way to use up some of your scrap yarn.
3. embroidery hoop wreath. If you find a place to permanently hang your embroidery hoop, you can simply switch out the embellishments for each holiday.
4. felt shamrock hair clip. Use wool felt or Eco-fi recycled felt for this project.
5. flower pot leprechaun hat. After the holiday, turn it over and plant something!
6. green soy candle. You can use this all season!
7. Irish flag Mason jar. Here’s a cute way to upcycle your old spaghetti sauce jars.
8. recycled brooch. Don’t get pinched.
9. recycled garland. This garland is easy enough to throw together for some last-minute festivity, and using recycled components means you won’t even have to leave the house for supplies.
10. shamrock button art. Dig through your button stash and find all the green ones for this project.
11. shamrock scarf. Use cotton yarn if it’s warmer where you live, and warm if it’s still cold.
12. soda bread. This multi-grain recipe is a healthy choice for your celebration!
13. toilet paper tube leprechaun hats. These would make a cute craft for a kids’ party.
14. toilet paper tube shamrock. You know we love our toilet paper tube crafts!
15. Valentine shamrock. Did someone spoil you with lots of boxes of chocolates? Upcycle them into one festive shamrock!
16. wine cork shamrock. Okay, fine–you can get a little drunk!