We’ve got exactly a week to get Christmas sorted out, y’all. Are you panicking? Don’t panic. You’ve got this, because we’ve got nine last-minute Christmas gifts that you can make quickly in batches.
Years ago I realized that the key to a low-stress handmade holiday was figuring out gifts that I could make in big batches. And over the years, I’ve gathered some tried-and-true batch gifts that work well for most of the folks on my list. These kinds of gifts work well as last-minute Christmas gifts too, because you can crank you a dozen or so of the same thing – or similar things – and be good to go.
I know. Making big batches might not feel like it has the same heart that a lovingly-crafted, one of a kind gift has. But we’re talking last-minute. I think the mantra is that it’s still better than some made in China gift from a big box store, right? Right!
10 Last-Minute Christmas Gifts
1. Soup Mix – I’ve given this lentil soup mix a couple of times, and it’s a great last-minute Christmas gift. Just set up an assembly line of beans and spices, print out the recipe cards, and go for it.
2. Neckwarmers – Hit the thrift for a stack of old sweaters and turn them into cozy neckwarmers for everyone on your list. These suckers come together quickly, so you can whip out a stack of them quickly. I made this one for my husband a couple of years ago, and he still wears it every winter.
3. Bath Salts – Bath salts are simple to make and such a treat when it’s so cold outside. If you aren’t into the essential oils in that recipe, you can customize the scents using any essential oils that you like.
image via Parent Pretty
4. Terrariums – Thrift some glass containers or raid your stash of clean glass jars, and make terrariums for everyone!
5. Stitched Coasters – These make a great stocking stuffer or hostess gift, and you can create lots of them pretty quickly.
6. Infused Vodka – Infusing booze can take as little as 24 hours, so if you get some jars going this weekend, you’ll have plenty of time to wrap them up!
7. Pretty Wrapped Wine – Sometimes, you just need to let someone else make the gift, and focus on pretty DIY packaging instead.
9. Truffles – Turn out a big batch of truffles, and package them in pretty mason jars. Boom!