I can’t stop creating holiday crafts like this easy DIY embroidery hoop ornament!
Remember last week when I shared my Christmas sign with vintage buttons, and I said that I’ve already started creating Christmas projects for my craft booth? Well, I have even more crafty Christmas goodness up my sleeve! Today, it’s an easy peasy embroidery hoop ornament!
What You Will Need:
1. A small embroidery hoop
3. Vintage buttons. If you don’t have any buttons on hand, you can make your own buttons from eco-friendly materials!
4. Ribbon. If you can, use organic ribbon.
7. Hot glue/hot glue gun
How To Do It:
1. Put your fabric inside of the embroidery hoop and tighten the screw to keep it in place.
2. Trim off any excess fabric.
3. You can leave your ornament as is, or you can decorate it! I cut out three pieces of felt like so:
4. Then, I hot glued the felt pieces and the buttons onto the burlap to make it look like Christmas holly.
5. After that dried, I made a small bow with my ribbon and carefully hot glued it to the top of the embroidery hoop (where the screw is).
6. Cut another long piece of ribbon and feed it through the screw like this:
Tie the ends together and now you are ready to hang it on your Christmas tree!
Wouldn’t these be fantastic gifts for friends, family, or co-workers? You could even personalize them with each person’s name and use them as gift tags.