DIY Furniture Ideas
- Paint or stain it – If you’ve got a wood piece that could use a little love, check out this guide to some eco-friendly paints and stains.
- Cover it – For sofas, easy chairs, and other upholstered pieces that need some fabric love, try making a slipcover! Instead of conventional fabric, choose organic cotton, hemp, or vintage yardage to create your cover.
- Reupholster it – For smaller pieces, like your kitchen chair, you can easily recover the seat to refresh the look!
- Recover it – If your office chair has seen better days, try updating it with a fabric refresh!
- Strip it – If you’re planning to paint or stain your furniture, you may need to strip off the old finish before you begin. Paint strippers can be pretty toxic, but we found one that’s a whole lot greener.
- Stencil it – Grab some vintage lace and water-based spray paint, and add texture and interest to any piece of wooden furniture.
- Chalk it – Turn a boring old desk into a creative playspace with chalkboard paint!
- Polish it – Sometimes, old wooden pieces just need the teensiest bit of TLC. Check out how to make your own furniture polish from beeswax! If you want to avoid the animal products, try candelilla was instead.
- Combine it – Don’t ditch those old kitchen chairs! Check out this awesome tutorial for turning old chairs into a bench!
- Reinvent it – Whip out those power tools and turn an old coffee table into an ottoman!
Have you guys done any DIY furniture projects? I’d love to hear what you’re working on in the comments!