DIY Crafts 50-diy-toilet-paper-roll-crafts-you-need-to-see

Published on April 25th, 2014 | by Bonnie Getchell

50 DIY Toilet Paper Roll Crafts You Need to See!

50 DIY Toilet Paper Roll Crafts You Need to See!Do you love toilet paper roll crafts as much as we do? Today we’re sharing 50 projects that you need to see!

I have an unhealthy obsession with toilet paper roll crafts. Friends and family even collect toilet paper rolls for me so I can make more crafts with them! I like them because, well, pretty much everyone has access to toilet paper rolls. With that said, you’ll want to start collecting (or hoarding) toilet paper rolls after you see these incredible DIY toilet paper rolls crafts.

Cardboard and Toilet Paper Tube Tree

Toilet Paper Christmas Lights

11. Christmas lights

12. Book page pillow boxes

13. 7 steps to starting a garden with seedlings in TP rolls

14. Make a heart stamp

15. Toilet paper roll valentine

Toilet Paper Roll "Firecrackers"

16. Recycled “firecrackers” from TP rolls

17. TP wall art

18. Door frame decor

19. TP flower wreath (use recycled cardboard as a wreath form instead of foam)

20. DIY vent/grate cover

35. Store hair clips on an empty TP tube

Easter Bunny Candy Holder from a Toilet Paper Roll

36. Easter bunny candy holder

37. Paper roll beads

38. TP roll bird feeder

39. Embroidery toilet paper roll napkin rings

40. Make a toilet paper roll “watch”

DIY Toilet Paper Tube Christmas Candle Cover

41. Transform classic Christmas “candles” with toilet paper rolls

42. Turn a medicine bottle and TP rolls into a vase

43. 5 easy and fun TP roll activities

44. Make a bee honeycomb

45. Toilet paper roll castles

Make a Toilet paper Roll Bat

46. Make a toilet paper roll bat

47. Yarn covered TP bracelet

48. Polka dot cardboard tube tulips

49. Burlap and toilet paper roll napkin rings

50. Toilet paper roll music notes

Are there any awesome toilet paper roll crafts missing from the list? If so, share them with us! We’d love to pin them to our Pinterest boards!

[Photo credit: Toilet Rolls Stack via Shutterstock; text added]

Tags: , , , , ,

Hello! I'm Bonnie -- a craft nerd, musician, writer, furniture and vintage lover, crafter, and diyer! If you would like to learn more about me, I also have my own blog, Revolutionaries, where I write about more craft projects, furniture redos, and my faith! You can also find me on , Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

30 Responses to 50 DIY Toilet Paper Roll Crafts You Need to See!

1. ¡Adoro las manualidades con rollos de cartón de papel higiénico! y por supuesto tengo algunas que aportar. Este espejo es mi manualidad favorita con este material: http://www.porcuatrocuartos.com/marco-espejo-tubos-carton/3598

2. ajla says:

Great!
    finally something for toilet rolls

3. Shari B. says:

My post is older, but the instructions are all there for a toilet paper tube wreath http://bonnindesigns.blogspot.com/2011/10/inspiration-is-in-your-bathroom-holiday.html

4. I can’t get behind using something that has the filthy germs from the bathroom right next to the toilet, for things like food or for kids to play with.You do know that when a toilet is flushed part of the water and the contents are vaporized, right? If the lid isn’t down it can spread up to three feet away. Onto your tooth brush, your makeup, your soap, your floors and counters. So putting that crappy stuff on your dinner table doesn’t appeal to me at all.Paper towel rolls, sure but toilet paper rolls? EW!

5. carole kopera says:

I would feel the same way –BUT–the crafts I use them for are all sprayed with paint after being assembled. they make beautiful crosses for on the wall and nice gift. I feel the paint covers any germs that might be there.

6. Lynne says:

All the germ comments. Seriously?! We really can get over the “Germ-free” obsession. We live on a living planet. You inhale/touch/eat worse on a daily basis in every environment. Get over it. ugg.

7. Sam says:

At Christmas I use them to make star ornaments by making deep cuts evenly all the way round, then cutting each slit into a point. Fold the points out flat and pop onto the end of a branch, no need for string. You could paint them if you wanted to, but our tp rolls are white on the inside so I’ve never bothered.

8. So cute! I’ve been saving my rolls for a while (19!) and now I have something fun to do with them! 🙂

9. Claudia Potter says:

You all know your kitchen is probably dirtier than your bathroom right? Besides if we don’t start recycling more,this old world will be so full of trash you won’t have to worry about germs in your bathroom! Just saying

10. Deirdre says:

I appreciate all the cute ideas given…I love to do crafts with my grandchildren, all 22 of them.
    * If there are those who don’t feel comfortable using tp rolls, by all means use the paper towel rolls. Let’s be nice…this wonderful lady was just trying to share some craft ideas repurposing things we all have around our homes. I for one enjoyed reading and seeing all the cute pics.
    Keep sharing! =)

11. If u feel uncomfortable using toilet paper rolls, there is such a thing call Lysol spray, to kill any germs! I have mine saved in a box and all u have to do is spray inside the box with a disinfectatior and close the lid!!

12. Grammy says:

Urine is sterile. If u keep your toilet clean shouldn’t be a problem there. Never saw poop vaperize before. If you are so worried abt germs look at your cell phone. Your own mouth is way more filthy then that poor tp roll. Door handles are also more germy then that toilet paper roll. Maybe you need to read more. Or try working at a hospital as I did. Ignorance is bliss I always say.

13. ana says:

Great job.keep it up 🙂

14. Kathym says:

Your ideas are really fun. Boy ,I’d hate to live in such an uptight state. Be aware, do what you can do. But not right to tear another person down.

15. Bob says:

You all have no life

16. Kristin says:

Germs can’t live on a dry surface for very long. So unless you keep your toilet paper rolls moist, should be no problem. Of course, use what you are comfortable with, I get the “ick factor” here; but it really shouldn’t be much cause for health concern.

17. smith says:

This is a wonderful site you have put a lot of time and effort into it to help parents with their children. I am not creative so I need sites like this to help me think of things to do with my grandchildren. Thank You so much. Now for everyone who has turned this site into a germ problem I have to say I am amazed at people. It is common sense if you don’t like something change it yourself but this poor women’s page is not for posting your germ problems. You should be thanking her for her time and effort.

18. Carol says:

I can’t find #48 tpaper tube polka dot tulips.

19. Aleks says:

omg……..please everyone……chill

20. kaitlyn says:

i love these my kid even likes to help with some of them.

21. Lynda says:

I’m going to try some these crafts. Thank you for posting. Forget about all the stupid people who just want to put you down. Keep posting…love your ideals.

22. iatha says:

if you fold the middle of the toilet paper roll you can use it for a heart shape.You can use it like a heart shape stamp.

23. Sandra says:

Your ideas are wonderful keep them coming.IF mothers do not want to use the toilet rolls its up to them.