Published on January 24th, 2014 | by Bonnie Getchell1
Valentine’s Day Ideas: “You Hold the Key To My Heart” Art
Craft your own Valentine’s Day ideas like this “You Hold the Key to My Heart” art!
While browsing Pinterest for Valentine’s Day ideas, I found this adorable Valentine’s art from Shaken Together. It inspired me to create my own eco-friendly version! The best part of all? It only took me 15 minutes to create it and I had all of the materials I needed in my craft stash!
What You Will Need:
2. 1 book page. You could use sheet music, magazine pages, or junk mail envelopes, too.
3. School glue. If you can, use eco glue!
4. A black permanent marker
6. A picture frame. Instead of buying new, check out your local thrift stores or garage sales to find a frame.
How To Do It:
1. Cut your red paper to the size of your picture frame.
2. Draw and cut out a key from your book page. Instead of cutting out a circle at the top of the key, I cut out a heart!
3. Glue the key to the middle of the red paper. Once the key dried, I traced it with my black permanent marker to make it pop against the red.
4. Write “You hold the” on the top of the key. Below the key, write “to my heart.”
Isn’t it precious? You can give this cutie as a gift to your love this Valentine’s Day, or simply decorate your home with it! I put mine on my mantle and it looks fabulous.
What are you creating this Valentine’s Day? Are you making handmade gifts, chocolate truffles, or DIY valentines? Share all of your projects with us– we would love to pin them to our Valentine’s Day board on Pinterest!