Can you believe that Valentine’s day is coming already? Don’t fret! You still have time to make it a romantic, handmade holiday! Here are 10 ideas for DIY Valentine’s Day gifts for him.
Making gifts for men is always hard for some reason. I just get plain stumped trying to come up with Valentine’s day gifts for my husband. I think that creating DIY Valentine’s Day gifts for him goes best when I think functional or solve a problem. What does he like to do? Does he have a hobby? Maybe there’s a problem or frustration you can fix with something handcrafted.
Here are some DIY Valentine’s day gifts for him that are fun to make and functional!
1. Is your fella into gadgets? You can make him a custom case for his Kindle! If Kindle isn’t his gizmo of choice, just change up those dimensions to fix his favorite thing: an iPhone, Nintendo 3DS, or whatever he’s toting around that needs a little bit of protection.
2. Is he super into his iPhone? Using your iPhone in the winter can be annoying, because you have to take off your gloves to use the touch screen. Whip up a pair of iPhone gloves using conductive yarn mixed in with your favorite eco-friendly yarn!
3. Does he need some help in the organizational department? Maybe a handmade, reclaimed paper planner is in order.
4. If writing is his thing, you can make him a custom journal that’s just his speed.
5. Is he really into sports? Make him a t-shirt scarf in his team’s favorite colors. Just hit the thrift store to stock up on tees.
7. Does he love riding bikes? Track down a couple of second-hand backpacks and make him a bike pannier to tote everything when he’s on the go.
8. Is he more of a homebody? If he digs hanging out watching movies and TV, make him his very own custom throw pillow to keep him cozy!
9. If he’s been a little bit stressed out lately, create a batch of earthy-scented bath salts. These even have a free printable label, so the packaging looks totally profesh.
10. Are winters not his fave? Keep him warm, cozy, and manly with a handmade neckwarmer (no knitting required!).
Do you have any DIY Valentine’s Day gifts for him in the works? Share away in the comments!
Image Credits: smartphone, beer, and cycling photos via Shutterstock