Published on January 16th, 2014 | by Bonnie Getchell2
Valentine’s Day Crafts: DIY Recycled Wreath
Valentine’s Day crafts are a perfect way to add some love-themed decor to your home, like this DIY recycled wreath!
Can you believe that Valentine’s Day is less than a month away? Normally I don’t decorate too terribly much for Valentine’s Day (because let’s be real– I feel like I’m still recovering from Christmas). Last year I created another eco-friendly Valentine’s Day wreath, but I repurposed the frame into something else. My front door was looking very sad, so I created a new recycled wreath that adds some sparkle and love to my decor!
What You Will Need:
2. Recycled paper. I used book pages, but you could use sheet music, magazine pages, or newspaper. You could also use pink and red recycled scrapbook paper.
5. A hole punch
6. School glue. If you can, use eco glue.
7. (Optional) Glitter
How To Do It:
1. Make a wreath “form” with your cardboard. I used a large tray to make a perfect circle and then a small plate to make the middle portion. Then, cut it out.
2. Color your recycled paper with several shades of red and pink crayons. I probably used 10-15 book pages and colored with 3 different shades of red/pink.
3. Hole punch your pages! This will make the “confetti” that will cover the cardboard form. I’m going to be honest and say that this step is a really tedious process, but it’s totally worth it!
4. Spread your glue onto the cardboard wreath form. Then, sprinkle the recycled paper confetti onto the glue. If you want, you can also add glitter to the mixture for a little sparkle! I also added glitter because it helps fill in any gaps where the cardboard is showing through. Isn’t the texture just fabulous?
5. Add embellishments! I simply glued a two hearts to the front of mine. You could add “xoxo,” the word “love,” or a romantic quote. If you want to make it even more personal, you could put you and your love’s name on the front.
What would you add to the front? Do you normally decorate for Valentine’s Day or do you still feel sluggish from Christmas?
Looking for more Valentine’s Day ideas? Check these out:
- 10 DIY Valentine’s Day Ideas
- 10 Green Valentine’s Day Crafts
- Toilet Paper Roll Valentine
- How To: Kid Made Puzzle Piece Valentine
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!