Published on October 14th, 2014 | by Crunchy Scott6
Halloween Crafts: DIY Candy Holders
How to make a Halloween candy holder from toilet paper tubes
Everybody uses toilet paper, so I know you’ve got some of those cardboard tubes around – and you can put them to good use by crafting them into Creepy TP Candy Holders for Halloween.
This is an awesome project for kids of any age. You can have the older ones cut the tubes and do the gluing, while the younger kiddos draw up all the monster faces. It’s the perfect Halloween craft to do while you’re nibbling on candy corn and watching The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.
The best part about these Creepy TP Candy Holders is that you can truly whip them up without a lot of fancy crafting supplies. If you’ve got scissors, glue and some old wrapping paper – you’re in business. Oh, and of course you’ll need the toilet paper tubes. Lots and lots of toilet paper tubes! (If you need extras, just ask your neighbors to save theirs for you.)
Halloween candy holder craft materials
- Toilet paper tubes
- Wrapping paper (any kind)
- Googly eyes
- Clear tape or craft glue
- Tissue paper
- Small candies
How to make a candy holder
- Using the round end of the toilet paper tube, trace a circle onto a scrap piece of wrapping paper and cut it out.
- Cut your toilet paper tube in half. One half will make one candy holder.
- Tape the circle to the bottom of the toilet paper tube half.
- Roll out some wrapping paper, put your toilet paper tube on its side and measure out enough paper to fit around the tube. Cut out your paper.
- Before putting the paper on the tube, flatten it out, turn it over to the plain, white side and draw a spooky face with your markers. Draw on the center of the paper. You can also add googly eyes or other craft accessories to make your monster.
- Wrap your paper around the toilet paper tube and secure it with clear tape or glue.
- Add two or three pieces of candy to the inside.
- Cut squares of tissue paper and stuff them into the top part of the toilet paper tube. This will create monster hair! It’ll also keep the candy from falling out.
- Repeat this process until you have lots and lots of monsters!
- Hand them out to trick-or-treaters or as Halloween party favors.
So this tutorial focused on the “monster method”. But you can also make ghosts and Halloween poppers using toilet paper tubes. Check out this video to see how it’s done.
Want even more Hallow-green ideas? You’ll find plenty in our Halloween Crafts Made from Recycled Materials post.