Published on February 9th, 2015 | by Becky Striepe3
10 Last-Minute Valentine’s Day Ideas that Don’t Look Last-Minute
Oh my gosh, Valentine’s Day is in FIVE DAYS. Don’t panic! We’ve got 10 last-minute Valentine’s Day ideas from cards to gifts to homemade sweet treats.
Maybe it’s that it comes basically right on the heels of Christmas craziness, but I am terrible at Valentine’s Day. Leaving things to the last minute is my MO, and I have a feeling that I’m on the only one in need of some last-minute Valentine’s Day ideas around this time every February.
10 Last-Minute Valentine’s Day Ideas
1. Homemade Bath Salts – Don’t have the essential oils listed in this tute? Use what you have! You can mix and match or stick to one scene that you know your recipient will love. The printable label looks totally professional, so your sweetie will never know that you waited so long.
2. DY Valentine’s Day Cards – You don’t have to rush to the store! Make one of these five stash-busting DIY Valentines instead. With so many to choose from, you’ve got lots of options for making a smart-looking DIY last-minute Valentine.
3. Recycled Paper Envelopes – Handmade Valentines don’t always fit into a standard envelope. Whip up a recycled paper envelope to fit your last-minute DIY Valentine.
4. Fallen Branch Decor – Grab a fallen tree limb and some scrap paper to make a quick, easy, and sweet last-minute Valentine’s Day decoration. This is easy to make without looking thrown together.
5. Vegan Truffles – Truffles are one of those things that seem complicated but can actually be super simple. Here are five options for vegan truffles that you can whip up in an evening.
6. Upcycled Sweater Neck Warmer – This is a great, easy gift for a guy or a gal. Using an old sweater makes this sweet Valentine’s Day gift come together fast without looking like it did.
7. Homemade Perfume or Cologne – Like the bath salts, you can use essential oils from your stash to make this last-minute Valentine’s Day gift. Wrap your bottle in a printable label, and you’re ready to go.
8. Hand-Mixed Chai Tea – Chai tea is such a lovely gift for Valentine’s Day, and it’s easy peasy to mix up a batch. Grab a half-pint mason jar or a clean jelly jar to package it in.
9. Picture Frame Wreath – Turn an old picture frame into a sweet wreath for Valentine’s Day.
10. Recycled Valentine Mailbox – What a cute way to give your kids their Valentines! This recycled cardboard craft comes together quickly with hot glue and looks so, so sweet. It’s intended for school Valentines, but I think it’s clever for Valentine’s Day proper, too.