Published on January 28th, 2012 | by Becky Striepe15
10 DIY Valentine’s Day Gifts for Him
Can you believe that Valentine’s day is just a couple of weeks away? Don’t fret! You still have time to make it a romantic, handmade holiday!
Making gifts for men is always hard for some reason. With a girlfriend, you can whip up a cute accessory or give her something cute for the house, but when it comes to gifts for him, I get stumped. For men, you need to dig a little bit deeper, right? What does he like to do? Does he have a hobby or a problem you can fix with something handcrafted? Functional gifts seem to go over well with the fellas. Here are some DIY Valentine’s day gifts for him that are fun to make and functional!
1. Is your fella into gadgets? You can make him a custom case for his Kindle! If Kindle isn’t his gizmo of choice, just change up those dimensions to fix his favorite thing: an iPhone, Nintendo 3DS, or whatever he’s toting around that needs a little bit of protection.
2. Is he super into his iPhone? Whip up a pair of iPhone gloves using conductive yarn mixed in with your favorite eco-friendly yarn!
3. Does he need some help in the organizational department? Maybe a handmade, reclaimed paper planner is in order.
4. If writing is his thing, you can make him a custom journal that’s just his speed.
5. Is he really into sports? Make him a t-shirt scarf in his team’s favorite colors. Just hit the thrift store to stock up on tees.
7. Does he love riding bikes? Track down a couple of second-hand backpacks and make him a bike pannier to tote everything when he’s on the go.
9. If he spends a lot of time on his computer, you can make him a custom mouse pad! What I like about this tutorial is that it uses cork, which is a sustainable material, in place of the neoprene foam that you see in most mouse pads. You can decorate it with reclaimed or organic fabric to make this a pretty green project!
10. Are winters not his fave? Keep him warm, cozy, and manly with a handmade neckwarmer (no knitting required!).
Do you have any DIY Valentine’s day gifts for him in the works? Share away in the comments!