Sometimes you just need an easy-breezy Halloween craft to get you into the spirit. I know I can get a little overwhelmed this time of year. I want to make, cook and craft absolutely EVERYTHING I see on Facebook, Pinterest and Crafting A Green World. This recycled mummy jar helped ease me into the holiday because it’s simple, yet spooky-cute. Give it a try!
What You Need
- Clean jar
- Black paper
- Googly eyes
- Wash your jar and then make sure it’s dry before you start crafting. Any size jar will work but I tend to use olive jars because they’re tall. Be sure to remove all labels.
- Cut out a strip of black paper and wrap it around the jar. Secure with tape.
- Attach googly eyes to the black paper with more tape.
- Starting from the top of the jar, wrap the gauze around the entire jar, except for the eye area.
- Tuck the end of your gauze into the backside of the jar.
- You can fill this mummy jar with candy. If you use small jars, like baby food jars for example, these would make great party favors.
- Drop and LED votive inside to make a mummy lantern.
- Fill with flowers to create a Halloween vase.
When Halloween is over…
- Unravel the gauze and put it away for another craft project. Do not put this gauze back into your first aid kit! If that’s where you swiped it from, replace it with fresh, clean gauze!
- Detach the googly eyes and add them back to your craft stash.
- Recycle the jar and the construction paper.
If you don’t have gauze…
- Use an old t-shirt. Just rip it into strips.
- Remember that white streamer paper you saved from that summer party? That works perfectly for this project.
- In a pinch, use toilet paper!
One CommentLeave a Reply
Your suggestion is awesome! I love when I can recycle my old stuff and turn it into something creative for my toddlers! You can even use a cap for the head and wrap it too, xixi!