Since having a baby, I have been getting more into crafts for kids. I can’t wait for the day that my son asks me if we can finger paint, make miniature rockets, or build paper structures together.
Is that something all new crafty parents do? I love playing with my baby boy, and I can’t wait for the day that he can wield a paint brush, a pair of safety scissors, and a glue bottle. In a couple of years when I’m cleaning glue off of our hardwood floors, can you remind me that I said that?
Of course, I want all of our crafty endeavors together to be kind to the planet, so I thought it would be fun to round up some natural or upcycled crafts for kids that I’d like us to do together one day. Darrol Henry is only seven months old, so he’s not quite ready to get crafty with me yet. This is me fantasy crafting with my little guy!
26 Natural or Upcycled Crafts for Kids
1. Fruit and Vegetable Stamping – I definitely want to teach this kiddo about food waste, and this is a fun way to give produce that’s on the outs a final use.
2. Upcycled Bat for Halloween – Turn a reclaimed paper tube into a spooky, upcycled bat decoration.
3. Preserve Autumn Leaves – What a fun way to get your kid our into nature and get crafty at the same time!
4. DIY Tire Swing – I guess this is more something that he’d watch me and his dad make, but I love the idea of an upcycled swing that will make play outdoors time extra fun.
5. DIY Rockets – This is another paper tube craft, and I actually have lots of them already decorating his nursery. I hope that one day he’ll want to add some that he’s made himself to the collection that our friends made for him at our crafty baby shower!
6. Newspaper Structures – What a fun way to reuse junk mail and get crafty on a rainy afternoon!
7. DIY Bird Feeder – Use natural materials to attract birds to your garden.
8. Recycled Cardboard Pendants – Aren’t open-ended projects like this the most fun? Kids really take ideas like this and run with them, and I can’t wait to see what he does with this idea.
9. Reusable Chalkboard Signs – I don’t think it’s legal to be a kid and not have a lemonade stand at some point, right?
10. Make a Kid’s Walking Stick – Get your little one excited about hiking!
11. Decorative Dipped Pine Cones – This is another fun way to incorporate some playing outdoors time into your crafting Fun!
12. Upcycled Cardboard Math Game – Who says that math can’t be fun?
13. Cinnamon Dough Ornaments – There’s nothing like getting crafty in the kitchen!
14. Paint and Seal Your Own Wood Toys – Get natural, unfinished wood toys and let your child use his imagination to paint and finish them.
15. Homemade Finger Paint – Who needs petroleum products when you can make your own finger paints instead?
16. Homemade Seed Packets – Teach your kiddo a little bit of botany with this project.
17. Plastic Bag Beads – Wouldn’t this be a fun project to combine with those upcycled cardboard pendants (#8)?
18. Outdoor Flying Bat – These weather-resistant bats are made from reclaimed plastic grocery bags.
19. Egg Carton Alligator – Store-bought toys got nothin’ on this upcycled gator that your kid can make himself.
20. Tissue Box Car City – Zoom those toy cars around an upcycled cardboard town!
21. Upcycled Photo Ornaments – I can’t wait to see Darrol Henry hang his first homemade ornament on our Christmas tree.
22. Solar Milk Jug Ghosts – Teach your kid a little about upcycling and a little about science at the same time
23. Juice Box Pouch Belt – This is for older kids, but what a cool way to reuse those foil drink packets.
24. Recycled Tin Can Ghost – This spooooooky ghost doubles as a wind chime. More outdoor fun!
25. Recycled Egg Carton Creatures – How cute are these little guys?
26. Recycled Lady Bug Jar – I could see this working for whatever insect your kid thinks is the coolest.
Are there any natural or upcycled crafts for kids that you and your kiddos like to do together? Share them in the comments!
3 CommentsLeave a Reply
These are fantastic! Can’t wait to do them with my Son! Thanks for sharing.
2 Pings & Trackbacks
Pingback:Baby Shower Seed Packets Poem | Kom Dir
Pingback:90 Cool Outdoor Halloween Decorating Ideas | architect - home decorating ideas