5. Braided Rag Rugs by Homestead Weaver
There are many braided rug tutorials out there, but I love Homestead Weaver’s step-by-step instructions and pictures for each step. This project doesn’t require a loom, sewing, or any other tools, but does require some patience. The work would be quite worth it, though, to reuse a lot of your old t-shirts and have a beautiful rug once your done. Plus, a t-shirt rug would be a great conversation starter in your living room, dining room, or kitchen!
Now that you’ve been inspired by these five incredible projects, grab your old t-shirts and get to work! If you make any of our t-shirt projects, please share them with us on Facebook or in the comments section below– we love to see your work!
Looking for more t-shirt ideas? Check them out here:
- 21 Ways to Refashion Your Wardrobe
- Make a T-Shirt Skirt
- Turn Several Adult Button-Down Shirts into One Comfy Adult Skirt
- Memorable Ways to Repurpose Old T-Shirts
- Crafting with T-Shirt Sleeves
- Reusable Shopping Bag: Another Crafty Reuse for T-Shirts
- Repurposed Dress Shirt Quilt
[Photo via Homestead Weaver, used with permission]