Need some DIY storage ideas for your jewelry? Here’s how to organize jewelry with a common yard sale find.
Now that you’ve made tons of DIY recycled jewelry, how do you keep it all organized? A few years ago, I shared a repurposed organizer from a desk drawer on our sister site. I put it on top of the wire shelves in my bathroom to keep small items and accessories from falling through the spaces. Over the years, I’ve adapted it to solely hold all of my jewelry, and I wanted to share it with you guys!
How to Organize Jewelry with a Vintage Drawer
What You Will Need:
– a lonely drawer – You can often find these at thrift stores and garage sales.
– all purpose cleaner and a rag
– paint, fabric, or other accessories to decorate your drawer (optional)
How To Do It:
1. Clean the drawer with your all purpose cleaner and a rag.
2. If you would like to decorate your drawer, now is the time to do it! In the future, I hope to paint mine a fun color with low VOC spray paint. Then, I want to add a fun coordinating fabric to kind of cushion my jewelry pieces. You can simply lay the fabric in the bottom, or glue it down with a spray adhesive. I’m moving soon, so I hope to give it a makeover once I move and know what the colors will be in my bathroom! If you use a fabric, don’t forget to use an eco-friendly fabric like hemp ororganic cotton.
3. Once your paint and other decorations have dried, you’re ready to sort out all of your jewelry and accessories. If you’re lucky, your drawer will have separators and such. If your drawer doesn’t, though, you can make your own recycled containers that will help organize everything.
Now I have all my jewelry laid out and organized so I can find what I want to wear quickly. It’s so much easier to get ready in the morning now that they’re organized. Do you see my upcycled watch bracelet? It’s my favorite!