Do you have an old or broken watch at home? Perhaps you’ve come across one (or several) at a garage sale or thrift store. I found this DIY video on how to transform a watch into a picture locket. I wanted to take this idea even further, though, and make it into more of a piece of art! Here’s how you can turn your old watch into a bracelet that is as awesome as you are!
What You Will Need:
1. An old or broken watch. I found mine at a thrift store for $1.00.
2. Recycled paper. I used sheet music.
4. Pens or markers
How To Do It:
1. Remove the back of your watch. This is the hardest step, but once you get the back off, it’s super simple! I used a combination of scissors and a butter knife to finally get mine off. Once you get it off, it should look something like this:
2. Take out the “insides” of your watch. This should be fairly easy to do, depending on your watch. The actual face of my watch wouldn’t come out, so I had to use a paper clip to get it out. Your watch should now look like this:
3. Use the back of your watch and trace it on your recycled paper. Again, I used sheet music, but you could use junk mail envelopes, book pages, etc.
4. Color or draw whatever you would like on your recycled paper. I drew a little red heart! For a larger watch, you could write a short quote or name on it, too!