Recycle your unused CDs and DVDs into awesome DIY crafts!
With the rise of digital music and streaming videos, CDs and DVDs will eventually fade like floppy disks and vinyl records. Maybe it’s not that serious quite yet, but technology definitely seems to be heading that way. As a musician, I have a small collection of CDs, but sadly, I rarely listen to them anymore (because I have them on my computer and iPhone). Have no fear, though — there’s new life for our unused CDs and DVDs! We’ve rounded up 25 incredible DIY crafts and activities that will make you rethink the average disk. Click through each link below and be inspired!
3. Recycled CD wish list ornament
4. DIY CD roofing (you could even use this idea for a doll house or a tree house!)
5. Upcycle an old CD into a clock
6. Put CDs or DVDs in your garden
9. DIY mosaic jewelry storage box
11. CD and DVD beads
12. DIY tutorial: mirrored collars
13. How to crochet around a CD
14. Make mosaic art (just cut up old CDs or DVDs instead of a broken mirror)
16. Stenciled CD or DVD coasters
18. CD garden art
20. Coffee can and CD wind chime
21. CD mosaic table
22. Use a CD as a signal mirror in an emergency
23. Mosaic CD mirror
25. Mosaic flower pot with CDs
Which CD or DVD project is your personal favorite? Have you created any DIY crafts of your own out of CDs or DVDs? If so, share them with us! We would love to pin them to our Green Crafts board on Pinterest!
[Photo credit: DVDs scattered on a table via Shutterstock]
9 CommentsLeave a Reply
Hi!Thanks for the Great DVD tutorial!I have done a similar”DVD-upcycle,project.I just took all the”extra”DVD/CD’s”&when I had the amount I needed,which was enough to do a letter’M’,in my daughter’s rm.for her initial, then I was complete.Creative&somewhat personal,as I proceeded to put some of her”fun photos&having her use a dark colored marker to draw her favorite designs”,on the DVD’s for even more of a personal touch!Hope you enjoy this bit of additional suggestive info.for the project!
#16 seems the best way….give as gifts.
Not sure why it’s a list of “25” ways…
#3 & #15 – Same thing
#2, #6 & #18 – Same thing
What’s the difference between a “craft nerd” and a “crafter”?
did you know half of these links don’t work!
3 Pings & Trackbacks
Pingback:Crafting a Green World | The home for green crafts and tutorials!
Pingback:Writing Process Blog Tour
Pingback:Art Ideas Using Cds – ART WABU