While garage saling, I found an adorable wooden display box for $1! Even though I don’t think I would use it as wall art, I knew I could turn it into a fabulous DIY jewelry organizer for my bathroom drawer. I was looking for an easy way to store and organize my jewelry so I could just grab and go in the mornings — and this little display box is the perfect solution! Rather than simply cleaning it up and calling it a day, I added fun and personality with paint! Here’s how you can make your own DIY jewelry organizer, too!
What You Will Need:
1. A wooden display box or tray that has small compartments. This is what my box looked like when I bought it:
2. Paint. If you can, use low VOC spray paint — it’s better for you and the environment!
3. Sand paper
4. A rag and a little bit of water
5. (Optional) Spray Polycrylic
How To Do It:
1. Lightly sand your wooden display box.
2. Wipe down the surface of your box with a damp rag to remove the dust.
3. Paint it! I spray painted several light coats to get the best results. One heavy coat can give you drips in your paint job.
4. (Optional) Once my spray paint was dry, I finished it with a spray Polycrylic. I use Polycrylic on nearly all of my paitning projects because it seals and protects my paint job (which will make it last longer). It is a water based sealer, but I’m sure it’s not the greenest craft supply.