Create a bright and colorful DIY jewelry organizer with a wooden display box and paint!
While garage saling, I found an adorable wooden display box for $1! Even though I don’t think I would use it as wall art, I knew I could turn it into a fabulous DIY jewelry organizer for my bathroom drawer. I was looking for an easy way to store and organize my jewelry so I could just grab and go in the mornings — and this little display box is the perfect solution! Rather than simply cleaning it up and calling it a day, I added fun and personality with paint! Here’s how you can make your own DIY jewelry organizer, too!
What You Will Need:
1. A wooden display box or tray that has small compartments. This is what my box looked like when I bought it:
2. Paint. If you can, use low VOC spray paint — it’s better for you and the environment!
3. Sand paper
4. A rag and a little bit of water
5. (Optional) Spray Polycrylic
How To Do It:
1. Lightly sand your wooden display box.
2. Wipe down the surface of your box with a damp rag to remove the dust.
3. Paint it! I spray painted several light coats to get the best results. One heavy coat can give you drips in your paint job.
4. (Optional) Once my spray paint was dry, I finished it with a spray Polycrylic. I use Polycrylic on nearly all of my paitning projects because it seals and protects my paint job (which will make it last longer). It is a water based sealer, but I’m sure it’s not the greenest craft supply.
5. Add your jewelry! I’ve stored all of my DIY recycled jewelry like my upcycled watch bracelet, wine cork earrings, and vintage button brooch.
One CommentLeave a Reply
Pingback:Tips For Getting The Best Prices For Your Jewelry | All Diva Media Blog