It’s never too early to make some holiday crafts like this adorable scrabble ornament!
Since I have my own craft booth at a local antique store, it’s already time to prepare Christmas crafts and decor. I’ve shared how to make a Christmas sign with vintage buttons over at Crafting a Green World, and now, I want to share how I made this adorable scrabble ornament! Even if you’re not quite ready for Christmas yet, remember that you can pin this project for later!
DIY Scrabble Ornament
+ recycled cardboard
+ Scrabble tiles
+ burlap. I got mine at a garage sale!
+ jute rope
+ hot glue/hot glue gun
1. Cut your recycled cardboard into a small rectangle.
2. Wrap your burlap around the cardboard and then hot glue it directly to the cardboard. Hot glue the sides together as well.
3. Choose which phrase you would like to put on your ornament. Find the scrabble tiles to form the phrase. I chose “joy,” but you could pick “Merry Christmas,” “Peace,” or customize it with someone’s name.
4. Hot glue the scrabble tiles to the burlap/cardboard.
5. Once the scrabble tiles have dried, turn the ornament over. Cut the jute rope to size and hot glue it to the back of the ornament. This will allow you to hang your ornament on the Christmas tree!
I can’t wait to see this cutie sparkle on my booth Christmas tree this year! You could also customize the ornament to double as an eco-friendly gift tag for each of your lovely handmade Christmas gifts.
What are your favorite DIY Christmas ornaments?
Here are even more eco-friendly Christmas ornament ideas to accompany your DIY Scrabble ornament:
+ Handmade Holiday: Five Handmade Eco-Friendly Christmas Ornaments
+ Five Handmade Christmas Christmas Ornaments to Green Your Holidays
+ DIY Holiday Craft Idea: Upcycle Unused CDs into Mosaic-Style Ornaments
One CommentLeave a Reply
Fun idea! A few years ago I made something similar using Scrabble tiles, dice, and Monopoly houses. Photos here: