If you have plastic grocery bags in your house, don’t feel guilty! Take charge instead and try some of these plastic grocery bag crafts to make those single-use plastic bags usable again.
1. Easy Place Mat – It’s super simple to create a set of reusable place mats from reclaimed plastic bags.
2. Make Plarn – That’s plastic bag yarn. You can use it to knit, crochet, or even weave!
4. Do Some Weaving – Have you been wanting to play with plarn but can’t knit or crochet? Check out these resources for weaving with plastic bags – no previous experience necessary!
5. Create Coasters – Like the place mats, it’s super simple to make coasters from fused plastic bags.
6. Make a Crinkle Toy – Crinkle toys are great educational toys for babies, and you can use an old plastic grocery bag to make that crinkly stuffing!
7. Crochet a Basket – My friend Genevieve made an awesome plarn basket from old plastic grocery bags.
8. Gigantic Christmas Tree – This art piece is a statement about the consumerism surrounding Christmas, and you could easily re-create it! You’d just need a base, a dowel, and twine.
9. Fused Plastic Plastic Bag – I love Betz White’s plastic tote made from single-use plastic grocery bags!
10. Whip up a Headband – Fused plastic makes a super cute headband!
Have you guys done any fun projects with old plastic bags? Tell us about them in the comments, or you can drop a link to your project in our monthly Green Crafts Showcase!