Published on November 7th, 2014 | by Julie Finn1
30 Glass Bottle Crafts
Glass bottles, whether they held your spaghetti sauce yesterday (here’s how to get the label off) or a Coca-Cola fifty years ago (here’s how to make it look shiny and new!), make excellent craft supplies. Here are 30 projects that you can make, all starting with a glass bottle:
1. apothecary jar. It has a vintage look.
2. beach in a bottle. Make a memory!
3. bird feeder. Feed the birds in style with this feeder made from a vintage glass bottle.
4. bottle tree. It’s a VERY interesting garden decoration! For even more colorful glass bottles, check out the tutorial for staining them below.
5. candle holder. It’s the art on these bottles that really makes this project pop.
6. candle shelter. Use this outside, and the wind won’t blow out your candle!
7. chandelier. This is a great first project for learning wiring.
8. decorative jar. The knob on top is really cute!
9. drinking glass. You don’t need a bottle cutter to cut a bottle.
10. Frankenstein’s monster. He’s a cute Halloween decoration!
11. hummingbird feeder. Feed these special birds their special sauce in style.
12. lamp. This lamp is made from a wine bottle.
13. lit bottle. This method puts a string of twinkle lights inside the bottle. It’s beautiful!
14. luminary. Add tissue paper and a tea light, and enjoy your beautiful lantern.
15. message in a bottle. These make really cute invitations for a pirate-themed birthday party.
16. oil lamp. You won’t find a prettier one.
17. planter box centerpiece. This project even includes instructions for making the planter box!
18. ring. Cut a bottle into these perfect rings, and then make them into medallions.
19. salt and pepper shakers. Probably the easiest project EVER.
20. Santa Claus. Red paint and paper are all you’ll need.
21. soap dispenser. This tutorial also teaches you how to etch a glass bottle, which is a handy skill.
22. solar charger. A glass bottle is the case for this project!
23. spray bottle. Plastic doesn’t even have to touch your cleaning supplies.
24. stained bottles. This method of dyeing clear glass bottles is waterproof.
25. tiki torch. These are a must-have for any outdoor party.
26. time capsule. A glass bottle is the perfect choice for keeping your treasures in perfect condition.
27. vase. This project also shows you how to add designs to your bottles. The secret? Contact paper!
28. wall. You’ll need a diamond drill bit. Oh, and some rebar.
29. wall vase. You’ll always know where your vase is!
30. wind chime. Tinkling glass makes the prettiest sound.
[bird feeder image via Birds and Blooms]