I’ve been saving (or hoarding) several glass bottles for craft projects. This week, I looked at the bottles and admired their shape– their round middle reminded me of Santa Claus! I decided to transform one into a “subtle Santa” for decoration. Here’s how you can make your own!
What You Will Need:
1. A glass bottle
2. Red paint. I used acrylic paint because that’s what I had on hand, but it’s not the greenest craft supply. Try opting for a green paint like Dick Blick’s Green Series Tempera.
3. A junk mail envelope
4. A black marker
6. A pencil
7. Hot glue/hot glue gun
How To Do It:
1. Pour the red paint inside your glass bottle. Swirl the paint around until the entire inside of the bottle is covered with red paint. This is kind of tricky, but just be patient. I added a little bit of water so that the paint would spread around more, but don’t add too much.
2. Let your bottle dry. I allowed mine to dry overnight.
3. Using your junk mail envelope, cut out a “belt” to go around the center of your bottle. Then, color it black.
4. Attach your belt to your bottle using the hot glue gun.
5. With the rest of your junk mail envelope, cut out the “belt buckle.”
6. Then, glue it on top of the belt.
Now you have an awesome and recycled Santa Claus decoration! I am hoping to put mine on a table full of Christmas decor! Where would you put yours?
Looking for more handmade holiday ideas? Check these out:
- How To: Snowman Mason Jar
- DIY Chai Recipe
- Christmas Ornaments Crafted from Natural Materials
- DIY Snowflakes Crafted from Eco-Friendly Materials
- Altoids Tin Gift Holder
3 CommentsLeave a Reply
!!! This is the cutest & most simple idea ever! Absolutely in love, going to the grocery store to find some glass Cola bottles tonight!
This is such a great idea. I am featuring it at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com
The Claus that Refreshes!!!!!!