Published on March 14th, 2017 | by Becky Striepe2
17 Ways to Reuse a Burlap Sack
There are so many fun ways to reuse a burlap sack! Try out some of these creative burlap craft ideas.
If you’re a crafter who loves to reuse, chances are you’ve never thrown away a burlap sack, if you were lucky enough to score one. Maybe you have a coffee bag or two taking up space in your crafty stash right now!
Try some of these awesome ways to reuse a burlap sack, whether it’s a coffee bag, potato sack, rice bag, or something completely different!
1. Wall Art – Burlap sacks often come printed with cool designs. Show them off with this neat framing technique!
2. Burlap Bunnies – Just in time for Easter! These cute bunnies are a great way to reuse old burlap sacks.
3. Chair Cover – Got an old chair that needs reupholstering? Burlap to the rescue!
4. Purse – I’m loving the look of this cute burlap purse.
5. Home Storage – Fabric boxes are great for wrangling craft supplies! Grab an old burlap sack and get yourself organized!
6. No-Sew Drawstring Bags – These are great for protecting small items, like lipstick or sunglasses, in your purse. You can also use them as party favor bags. No sewing required.
7. Flower Trug – Tote those fresh-cut flowers in style!
8. Halloween Treat Bags – It’s a little bit early to start planning for Halloween, so tuck this tute away for the fall!
9. Bulletin Board – Turn an ugly, second-hand bulletin board into something totally cute.
10. Ottomans – I’ll be honest: I’m floored at how cute these coffee sack ottomans are! Any large burlap sack would work for this project.
11. Table Runner – Turn an old burlap sack into a rustic table runner for your next dinner party.
12. No-Sew Sofa Cushions – No sewing skills required to make these cute sofa cushions from old burlap sacks!
13. Paintings – This is a great way to use up smaller, leftover pieces of burlap. You can choose unprinted portions of your bag, or work with any already-printed text or logos to create your burlap art.
14. Market Tote – Because doesn’t everyone need one more reusable grocery bag? This design is super adorable!
15. Sunglasses Case – This burlap sunglasses case is lined with recycled felt to protect your shades from scratches.
16. Lampshade – Turn a boring old lampshade into a statement piece with some burlap from an old coffee sack, rice bag, or potato sack.
17. Hand-Lettering – This is another cool way to deck out your burlap for any of the projects listed above. House by Hoff shows you how to add crisp, beautiful hand-lettering to your burlap.
Do you have any favorite ways to reuse a burlap sack? Tell us about them in the comments!