Published on December 6th, 2013 | by Bonnie Getchell0
Holiday Crafts: Upcycle Glass Jars into an Adorable Snowman!
If you’re looking for holiday crafts to create for Christmas gifts this year, look no further! Upcycle glass jars into an adorable snowman that can be filled with handmade goodies!
I saw this hot cocoa snowman on Acadiana’s Thrifty Mom and fell in love with the idea of creating a snowman out of glass jars. Presenting gifts in a fun and stylish way just makes my heart happy! Here’s how you can give your handmade gifts in style, too!
What You Will Need:
1. Glass jars. I used 3 baby food jars.
2. Recycled felt or an eco-friendly fabric. You could also felt an old sweater that you have on hand.
4. Hot glue/hot glue gun
5. Vintage buttons. If you don’t have any in your craft stash, you can make your own buttons!
6. A black permanent marker
7. Recycled paper. I used a junk mail envelope.
8. Black low VOC spray paint
How To Do It:
1. Clean your glass jars. Here is an easy way to remove labels from glass jars, if you need it!
2. Spray paint the lids of the jars black.
3. Start with the head of the snowman. On your recycled paper, draw and cut out a top hat. Color it black. Then, hot glue it to the lid of one of the jars. Make sure you glue it in a way where you can still open the lid.
4. With your permanent marker, draw the face of your snowman on the same jar. Once you’re finished, it should look like this:
5. Cut out a “scarf” that will go around the lid of the next jar. Then, hot glue it to the jar lid. Again, make sure you hot glue it to where you can still open the jar.
6. Hot glue one button to the same jar. It should look like this now:
7. For the last jar, simply hot glue two buttons on it.
What would you put in your upcycled jar snowman?
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!