Published on April 8th, 2009 | by Becky Striepe16
Seven Uses for Empty Cereal Boxes
[Creative Commons photo by Stevan Sheets]
Cereal is the third most popular food product in the U.S.. When you add up all those bowls of Lucky Charms and Cheerios, that equals a whole lot of empty cereal boxes! Rather than send all that perfectly good cardboard to the landfill, try one of these ways to give it a whole new life!
These tutorials would work well with cereal boxes, empty six-pack boxes, or the kind from frozen dinners:
- Business Cards – You can make your own by cutting out the boxes and screen printing on them or check out these professionally printed ones from the U.S. Business Card Company!
- Mobile – Check out these adorable cereal and drink box mobiles by Denise Carbonell.
- Get Stamping – combine that old cereal box with some recycled felt to make your own felt stamp!
- Gift Tags – Just cut your cardboard to the size you want, punch a hole in the top, and embellish! For some inspiration, take a peek at these tags that Lisa Leonard made.
- Mask Making – Get festive and make your own mask!
- Shadow Puppets – I am completely blown away by jimmiehomeschoolmom’s cereal box shadow puppet theater!
- Book Binding – The front of a cereal box would make the perfect cover for a home made planner or journal!
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!