Published on April 8th, 2009 | by Becky Striepe16
Seven Uses for Empty Cereal Boxes
[Creative Commons photo by Stevan Sheets]
Cereal is the third most popular food product in the U.S.. When you add up all those bowls of Lucky Charms and Cheerios, that equals a whole lot of empty cereal boxes! Rather than send all that perfectly good cardboard to the landfill, try one of these ways to give it a whole new life!
These tutorials would work well with cereal boxes, empty six-pack boxes, or the kind from frozen dinners:
- Business Cards – You can make your own by cutting out the boxes and screen printing on them or check out these professionally printed ones from the U.S. Business Card Company!
- Mobile – Check out these adorable cereal and drink box mobiles by Denise Carbonell.
- Get Stamping – combine that old cereal box with some recycled felt to make your own felt stamp!
- Gift Tags – Just cut your cardboard to the size you want, punch a hole in the top, and embellish! For some inspiration, take a peek at these tags that Lisa Leonard made.
- Mask Making – Get festive and make your own mask!
- Shadow Puppets – I am completely blown away by jimmiehomeschoolmom’s cereal box shadow puppet theater!
- Book Binding – The front of a cereal box would make the perfect cover for a home made planner or journal!
I’m sure you guys have made some awesome cereal box crafts, too! Share away in the comments!
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!