Published on March 25th, 2009 | by Becky Striepe12
Crafty Reuse: Ten Projects for Old Bottle Caps
[Creative Commons photo by dyanna]
As I’ve confessed before, I’m a hoarder. Right next to that bowl full of used corks is another bowl full of bottle caps. I just can’t bear to pitch them! Also like with the corks, a certain husband has been wondering what in the world I plan to do with all these bottle caps.
Luckily, there are a ton fun projects that I can choose from!
- Check out this awesome bottle cap folk art mirror from the ’60s! Gorgeous.
- There’s an awesome thread on Craftster on making a bottle cap-covered tabletop.
- You can use the same idea as the tabletop and make bottle cap mosaic tiles or stepping stones.
- Turn a bunch of old bottle caps into a belt.
- You can turn one into a really cute pin!
- My Amphetamines and My Purls shows you how to make a crocheted beer cap trivet.
- For a kid-friendly project, try these bottle cap fridge magnets.
- I’m totally digging these beautiful bottle cap push pins from Martha Stewart.
- What a cool idea! This globe is made from bottle caps and soda can pulltabs!
- Craft Bits shows you how to turn a pair of bottle caps into a cute pair of earrings.
Are there any other cool bottle cap projects that I’m missing? I’d love to hear about what you guys are making with your spent caps!