Winter is rough on my skin. Without a moisture boost, it gets super dry and painfully cracked. Here are DIY winter beauty tips to help you kick your winter skin and get ready for spring.
The weather here in Atlanta has been so up and down lately. It’s been going from shorts weather to freeze warnings and back again. But those warm days have me dreaming of spring. I am so ready to get rid of that winter skin and get back to shorts weather!
9 DIY Winter Beauty Tips to Heal Winter Skin
Heal Your Lips
1. DIY Lip Scrub – Heal chapped lips with a moisturizing scrub. I would not recommend this on a split lip. Wait for the split to heal before using this scrub.
2. DIY Lip Balm – Protect your lips from dry winter weather with a healing lip balm. This is great for a split lip, too. The moisture helps preventing it from splitting further, so it can heal.
Heal Your Skin
3. Solid Body Lotion – Julie’s homemade lotion bar is great for moisturizing dry winter skin.
4. Coconut Oil Lotion – If you want a more traditional cream-style lotion, try this DIY lotion made from rich coconut oil.
5. Miracle DIY Moisturizer – Leah at our sister site Feelgood Style says that this DIY moisturizer is basically a cure-all cream. Check out all of the uses she lists and get the simple recipe!
Fix Your Feet
6. DIY Foot Scrub – Dry weather can also leave you with dry skin on your feet. Slough it away with a simple foot scrub.
7. Homemade Foot Spray – Has a winter of boots left your feet a little…well…stinky? Fix ’em up with this healing spray!
Soothe Your Face
8. Oatmeal Face Scrub – Rejuvenate the skin on your face with my favorite, gentle face scrub recipe.
Heal Your Hair
9. Oil Your Hair – Your hair isn’t immune to harsh winter weather. Heal a dry scalp and brittle hair with this beauty secret from India.
Image Credits: Lip scrub, coconut lotion, diy moisturizer, hair oil photos via Shutterstock; lip balm, foot spray photos via Vibrant Wellness Journal; solid body lotion by Julie Finn, happy feet photo by bark; oatmeal face scrub by Becky Striepe