Remember this fabulous Forsythia linen swatch I ordered from Cicada Studio? Well,
thanks to Ohdeedoh’s post about de-branding the kitchen counter with pretty canisters, I was inspired to make over my stainless steel canisters. I love stainless steel, but it can seem very clinical. I decided to warm up my canisters with linen cozies. Read on for the complete how-to…
- Set of canisters or jars (stainless steel, glass, ceramic, etc.)
- 13 x 17 inch linen swatch from Cicada Studio
Step By Step:
- Cut swatch into three strips. I cut mine so they were each 17 inches wide. The heights were 2.5 inches, 4 inches, and 5.5 inches. (I had about an inch of linen left at the end.)
- Measure the circumference of your canister. Add 1/2 inch to that measurement and trim your strips to this length. (My canisters are 15.5 inches around, so I cut my strips to 16 inches.)
- On both long edges of each strip fold over and press 1/4 inch.
- Sew close to edge of 1/4 inch seams.
- Fold each strip in half crosswise and sew a 1/4 inch seam along the raw edges.
- Press the back seam open.
- Turn each band right side out and slip them over the appropriate canisters.