Decorate for spring with this cute spring-themed typographic art made out of buttons!
The first day of spring is only a few days away! Are you getting excited about warmer weather and starting your spring garden? Raid your stash of vintage buttons and make yourself a spring-themed typographic art sign.
I’m pretty much obsessed with buttons! I have a large collection from my grandma and I always grab what I can find at thrift stores or garage sales. Buttons are not only great for DIY fashion, but they’re great for DIY decor, too! For Christmas, I made a fun “Ho Ho Ho” sign out of buttons. For spring, I wanted to create something similar!
What You Will Need:
1. An old sign from a garage sale or thrift store, or a scrap piece of wood. This is what my sign looked like before:
2. Vintage buttons. If you don’t have any on hand, you can make your own buttons out of recycled materials.
3. Hot glue/hot glue gun
4. Spray paint. If you can, use low VOC spray paint.
5. Sand paper
How To Do It:
1. Sand the entire surface of your sign or scrap piece of wood.
2. Wipe off the sign with a dry cloth.
3. Spray paint it! Remember, multiple light coats will give you the best results. One thick coat will give you drips and runs in the paint.
4. Once the spray paint has completely dried, hot glue your vintage buttons to the sign. I used a mixture of green and brown buttons, and wrote, “spring.”
Isn’t it adorable? You could prop this cutie on your fireplace mantle, hang it on your wall, or even hang it outside in your patio or garden area.
What would you put on your sign? Share your ideas in the comment section below!
Looking for more DIY ideas for spring? Check these out:
- 5 Eco-Friendly Spring Crafts for Kids
- Spring Cleaning: 10 Ways to Upcycle Junk Creatively
- How to Make a Decorative Bird’s Nest for Spring
- Spring Cleaning: 50 DIY Ideas for Natural and Green Cleaning