Make a Scissor Cozy
A sharp pair of quality fabric scissors are an essential tool for any seamster, and if you’ve invested in a good pair of shears you want to protect them from damage! It’s easy as pie to create your own.
- Grab a couple of pieces of recycled felt that are larger than your scissors.
- Stack and pin the felt together, place your scissors on top, and trace the shape of the scissors onto the felt, leaving about 1/4″ around the whole edge and leaving the top open so the scissor handles will stick out by about 1/2″, so you can put the scissors in and take them out again.
- Run the felt through your machine, sewing along the line you just traced.
- Use your scissors to cut off the excess fabric.
- Flip your cozy right side out and slide the scissors inside. Voila!
If you’re feeling really sassy, you can decorate your cover before you sew with an applique, a screen printed design, or buttons, but it’s not necessary.
So spill it, my fellow seamsters! What crafty ways have you used to deck out your sewing rooms?
[Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by madame_furie]