Sewing pattern tissue has a great graphic quality. If you have some vintage or used sewing patterns laying around, consider reusing them for art, home decor, jewelry, or anything else you can decoupage. Here are a bunch of inspiring ideas for reusing sewing pattern tissue paper.
- Craft a pretty bouquet. Tissue paper flowers shown at top are by Copabananas.
- Add this to your list of eco-friendly wrapping options. Wrap up a gift or use sewing pattern tissue in the gift bag. The cute wraps here are by Lil Fish Studios.
- Comic books and greeting cards make great gift tags, but who would of thought to use sewing patterns. All they need is a sturdy foundation. These matching gift tags also by Lil Fish Studios look stunning with stitch detail and found buttons.
- Make flower tissue twinkle lights with this how to from Everyday Beauty.
- Decoupage letters. These paper pulp letters with sewing pattern decoupage are by Copabananas. You could get a similar effect with paper mache letters found at most craft stores.
- You can never have enough craft storage. Decoupage a box with the tissue and cutouts from the pattern envelope. The adorable sewing pattern boxes here are by Sewing Geek.
- Love these sewing pattern coasters by Liesl Made. Perfect for keeping a beverage handy in the craft room.
- Blue Valentine Press makes really cool magnets using both the sewing pattern tissue and the pattern envelopes.
[Image 1 by Claire Baker for Copabananas, Image 2 and 3 by Lisa Jordan for Lil fish Studios, Image 4 by Claire Baker for Copabananas, Image 5 by Mary E. Walker for Sewing Geek, Image 6 by Liesl Maertens for Liesl Made, Image 7 and 8 by Beth Carls for Blue Valentine Press]