Turning an old sweater into a cardigan is easy peasy. Here’s how!
- thrifted sweater or one you don’t want to wear as a pull-over anymore
- 1″ organic cotton ribbon. I used the blue striped ribbon that I bought from May Arts a while back.
- yard stick and a sharpie
- sewing machine, thread, pins, fabric scissors, iron
1. Open up that sweater! Use your yardstick and sharpie to mark a line straight down the front, then cut along that line.
2. Grab your ribbon, and pin it along the outside neck line of your sweater, then sew along both edges of the ribbon with the tiniest seam allowance you can manage.
3. Pin the ribbon along the cut edges of your sweater. At the top and bottom, you’ll want to fold the ribbon over, so you have a nice, clean edge. Stitch along the edges, just like you did with the ribbon at the neck.
4. Once everything is in place, give it a press with your iron, and you’re ready to head out the door!
Want even more sweater ideas? Check out 10 Crafty Green Things to Do with Old Sweaters!
One CommentLeave a Reply
Pingback:DIY Fashion: 4 Ways to Refashion an Old Cardigan for Fall | Feelgood Style