Hosting a dinner party? Wow your guests with burlap no-sew silverware holders!
These are great for special occasions or for setting the holiday table. Since they’re so simple to make, you can whip up more than one set. Maybe you could decorate one for Thanksgiving in pretty fall colors and another for your Christmas or Hanukkah table.
DIY No-Sew Silverware Holder
What You Will Need:
+ hot glue/hot glue gun
How To Do It:
1. Wash your burlap. This is an optional step, but I recommend it especially because the burlap will “shed” on your dining room table like crazy. Unfortunately for me, I found out the hard way. Next time, I will use this fabulous tutorial from Ella Claire on how to wash and cut burlap.
2. Cut your burlap to the size of a rectangle. Essentially, you will be folding your burlap into a burrito-type shape, so keep that in mind as you determine the size of the rectangle. Please read all of the instructions before you cut your burlap.
3. Fold one side over, and then the other (like you would fold a letter). Then, fold the bottom and hot glue it like so:
4. Turn it inside out– that way you won’t be able to see the folded seam at the bottom. You should have something like this now:
5. Fold down the top of the burlap. I folded mine down about an inch. Then, on the back, glue the two folded sides together. It should now look like this:
6. Now it’s time to decorate your burlap silverware holder! I wanted to keep mine simple, so I hot glued three vintage buttons to the front.
Add a reusable napkin and some pretty silverware, and you’re ready to go! The orange button makes it feel “fall-ish,” right? You could use your silverware holder daily, or create several of them for eco-friendly Thanksgiving decorations. You could even personalize them with each guests’ name on the front, and then give it to the guest as a gift.
How would you decorate yours and what occasion would you use them for? Share your ideas with us!