Got scratched CDs or DVDs? Here’s how to upcycled CDs, 25 different ways! There’s seriously something for everyone here.
CDs get scratched, and DVDs get left in the car to melt, so I’ve always got my eye out for new ways to upcycle CDs and DVDs. Check out some of my current favorites!
1. backsplash. This will get more light into your kitchen, for sure!
2. bowl. The result IS really cool. Just make sure to ventilate well to keep your lungs safe, Friends!
3. bunting. Covered in scrapbook paper, CDs make lovely symmetrical bunting pennants.
4. clock. Use your favorite movie or album, or embellish your least favorite one until it’s unrecognizable.
5. clothing dividers. These are great for a baby’s closet, to organize their clothing by size. Babies grow so quickly!
6. coaster. Make your embellishments as water-resistant as your CDs.
7. crocheted to cover. I don’t totally know what you’d do with this, but it looks really cool!
8. crocheted mandalas. Here the crocheting is done with purpose, to turn the CDs into colorful hanging mandalas.
9. cupcake stand. This project is a cute way to display party treats.
10. disco ball. How could you NOT want a disco ball?!?
11. earring holder. Put this on a lazy susan to make it even more convenient.
12. felt ladybug. To make this craft even more fun for little kids, only glue the base piece of felt to the CD, then just cut out the other pieces. Kids can assemble their own ladybug over and over again on this homemade felt board!
13. mosaic birdbath. You’ll never guess that this is made from upcycled DVDs–you’ll just be impressed at how beautiful it looks!
14. mosaic ornaments. This project involves covering an old ornament with CD pieces to make it… sparkly!
15. necklace. You’re going to love this method of cutting a CD into a detailed pendant.
16. pansy. These fancy pansies can go next to the real ones out in your garden.
17. picture frame. Add in a couple of binder clips, and your frame will even stand!
18. rainbow fish. Here’s a cute craft for a small kid who’s looking for something a little different to do.
19. scrapbook. I love this idea for making a scrapbook that’s both an unusual shape and that has super-sturdy CD pages.
20. scratch art. You can make your very own scratch art CDs with black paint.
21. shower rings. This is a great way to turn a utilitarian part of your bathroom into a showpiece–and they’ll work better than typical shower rings, too!
22. suncatcher. With the foil layer removed, a CD or DVD is just a clear circle, perfect to paint on and turn into a suncatcher.
23. wall pouch. Hold all of your little things.
24. wind spinner. It makes for lovely garden art, and it may even help keep birds away from your strawberries!
15. wish list ornament. This is a keepsake that you can update year after year, so that you always remember what your kid wanted most for Christmas.
2 CommentsLeave a Reply
So cute! I love the idea of making them into ornaments!
Lung cancer is nothing to joke about. You should be ashamed of this comment