Are you having a family dinner this week? Perhaps you’re having a birthday party this month. If you were thinking about purchasing or making place cards for your event, consider creating these fun and recycled place cards instead!
What You Will Need:
3. Glue. To make this project even more eco-friendly, use eco-glue!
How To Do It:
1. Flip through your magazine and find a large section of a neutral color. I found two large white sections and one large black section. Cut out a large rectangle within those sections. These rectangles will become the base of your place cards.
2. Fold your rectangles in half.
3. Go through your magazine again and find the letters to form all of your guests’ names. This will be the longest part of this project. If you have children, you can ask them to help you. It will allow them to learn each letter and how to spell names!
4. Lay out your letters on one half of your rectangles like so:
5. Once you have them arranged, glue them to your rectangle.
6. After your letters have dried, fold the ends of the rectangle like so:
7. Then, tape the ends together. Taping them together like this will help your place cards stand up on their own.
Now you can put your place cards where you would like everyone to sit!
I love these because they’re so colorful and fun– nothing too serious like other place cards! What event or party could you make these for? Share your ideas on our Facebook wall or in the comment section below!