My roommates and I decided that we needed one of those dishwasher magnets that tells you whether the dishes are clean or dirty. Instead of buying a plastic one from the store, I decided to make one! Here’s how you can make your own!
What You Will Need:
1. Magazines. I used the same magazines that I used for my posts How To: Upcycle Candle Holders into Colorful Organizers, How To: Eco-Friendly “Sparklers,” and How To: Make a Recycled Gift Tag & Ornament. Start picking up magazines from thrift stores or garage sales– you never know how you will be able to use them!
3. School glue. If you can, use Eco-Glue!
4. Recycled cardboard or something strong for the base of your magnet. I used a greeting card that I got from a friend.
5. A magnet
6. Hot glue/hot glue gun
7. A pencil
How To Do It:
1. Draw a circle onto your recycled cardboard or greeting card. I used a cup so that I would have a perfect circle.
2. Cut your circle out. I ended up using the colored part of the greeting card on the other side.
3. Flip through your magazine and find letters to form the words “clean” and “dirty.” I also cut out a black section to make the line that goes across the middle.
4. With your school glue or eco-glue, glue the line and the letters onto your circle. Remember, you will want to glue “clean” right side up and “dirty” upside down so that it can be rotated.
5. With your hot glue gun, glue your magnet to the back.
Once everything is dry, you’re finished! Now you have an awesome dishwasher magnet!
3 CommentsLeave a Reply
He heee we totally have one of these! The dear hubby and I decided that this was a much better way to know where the dishwasher was at than argue across the hall! Ours is one you flip over- one side “clean”, one side “dirty. Makes the house MUCH calmer in the kitchen department!
LOVE this! Bonnie rocks!
Agreed! Just this week I barely stopped my husband from putting a fork that had touched raw meat into the dishwasher full of clean dishes. Never again!