Published on August 9th, 2016 | by Becky Striepe1
10 Recycled, Handmade Finds on Amazon
I dug into what’s handmade on Amazon and found some really cool upcycled and recycled handmade products!
Guys, did you know that Amazon now has a handmade category? I know that Amazon has its issues, but you can’t deny that this is a pretty amazing way to get handmade products in front of people who may not have considered handmade an option before. If I were still selling my handmade aprons and lunch bags, I would definitely be getting an Amazon shop set up right now!
I spent some time this week digging into Amazon’s handmade category, and it seems to still be on the small side. That means lots of opportunity to get discovered. A search for recycled did turn up some cool products, but there’s plenty of room for more upcycled, handmade goodness on Amazon. Check out what’s available – maybe it’s something to consider for your own handmade business?
1. Sea Glass Jewelry – Nautical Sea Glass makes sweet handmade jewelry using recycled glass.
Related: Make Sea Glass in a Rock Tumbler
2. Recycled Newspaper Coasters – Forgotten Property uses upcycled newspapers to make some other cool products, too!
3. Bike Wheel Clock – Stuff Made from Stuff uses makes clocks from industrial-looking materials, like bike wheels and old computer hard drives.
4. iPad Sleeve – Recycled kites and sails are Think Sea’s medium of choice for creating pouches and gadget holders.
5. Zanimals – Suzaluna creates these cute, upcycled stuffies from a mix of old and new materials.
6. Rubber Handbag – Masmillas Recycled makes cute recycled accessories: purses and clutches from old bike tires and jewelry from recycled silk thread and old rubber bands!
7. Succulent Greeting Card – Oh Plesiosaur prints her designs on 100% post-consumer recycled paper that she hand-scores. It comes with a recycled envelope, as well.
8. Typographic Wall Art – Salvati Designs creates ornate, upcycled wall art by adorning a wood base with vintage and other reclaimed jewelry.
9. Recycled Wood Sign – Birdcage Barn Emporium prints sweet sayings onto reclaimed wood. The sign pictured is from a stairwell in an old house that was being demoed.
10. Stegosaurus Shadowbox Wall Art – Not everything Americana Signs makes is upcycled, but this piece and a few others in his shop are made using leftover wood from his other projects.
Disclosure: The products listed above (like any Amazon links we share) are Amazon Affiliate links, but we have not be compensated in any other way for this post. I just think it’s cool that an outlet as mainstream as Amazon is offering handmade sellers a space.