Hanging planters allow you to plant more in a small space. And you don’t have to buy one – make one of these DIY hanging planters!
Houseplants are so important to maintaining good air quality in your home, but who on earth has all of that shelf space?
Here come hanging planters to the rescue! Unlike container gardens, these DIY hanging planters will convert a regular potted plant, just sitting there and taking up shelf space, into a hanging plant that will perch nicely up out of the way and still freshen the air and brighten your living space.
16 DIY Hanging Planters
1. birdcage planter. Here’s a planter that’s good for even your bulkiest potted plant.
2. chandelier planter. If you attached it to a pulley, it wouldn’t be hard to take it down and water it.
3. crocheted hanging planter. If you crochet, then a tute like this will be much easier than macrame.
4. fabric scrap plant hanger. You don’t even have to buy the cords to make this plant hanger!
5. gutter planters. Upcycle the scraps from your build project. You can even paint these gutters!
6. hanging fruit basket. Thrift one, or buy a vintage one at an antiques shop.
7. hanging herb planter. This one’s not as showy as some of the other planters, but man, it would be hella useful to have in your kitchen!
8. hanging wood slice plant stand. Instead of hanging the pot itself, hang a lovely shelf that the pot can sit on.
9. leather box planter. You barely have to know how to sew to make this planter. Seriously, a toddler could lace this up!
11. macrame. Yes, this IS your mother’s macrame!
12. Mason jar hanging planter. You could modify this tute to do with any jar or bottle.
13. mini macrame. Even your tiny potted plants deserve to hang in the sun.
14. T-shirt macrame. No, this is NOT your mother’s macrame!
15. vertical hanging shelves. If you’ve got an entire sunny corner to spare, you can really pack the greenery into these DIY plant shelves.
16. wood pallet hanging planter. Upcycle a gross old wood pallet into your beautiful new planter!