Organizing your crafty space can make crafting so much easier, can’t it? I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to delay a project because I couldn’t find that vintage button that I knew was somewhere or the pretty wrapping paper I’d salvaged over the holidays and stashed – well, someplace! Where is it again?
No matter what your craft, chances are your space could use a little more organizational oomph, but organizers from the big box store come with a big impact. They’re often made with plastic and shipped all over the world. Boo on that! We craft green, and we want our spaces to be green too, right? Instead of heading to the store, check out these upcycled organizers for your craft room instead!
1. Show Caddy Organizer – Got an old shower caddy that’s past its prime? Give it a little scrub, paint it with some low-VOC spray paint, and you can re-use it for vertical crafty storage.
2. Hangers for Fabric – Raid your closet or the thrift store for those clippy pants hangers. They’re a great solution for storing your large pieces of fabric.
3. Make a Frame Thread Holder – Transform an old thrift store frame into a pretty solution for all of that thread.
4. Chalkboard Sign – Of course, you need to keep your thoughts organized as well. Jot down your important to-do’s on an upcycled chalkboard.
5. Recycled Can Wall Organizer – Arrange clean, salvaged cans into a wall organizers for your crafty knick knacks. They recommend Eco Glue, but I’d go with something stronger like E6000. You don’t want this falling apart on you!
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by heylovedesigns