Is your kiddo headed back to school in the next few weeks? Send him off in DIY style with these upcycled back to school ideas!
It feels like summer ends earlier every year, doesn’t it? My kiddo actually started back at preschool yesterday! He’s a little bit young for supplies like pencils and notepads, but even my toddler needed school supplies like a backpack and lunchbox. Below are back to school ideas for kids big and small. So no matter what age your child, we’ve got you covered!
10 DIY Back to School Ideas for the End of Summer
2. Apple Canister – It never hurts to get on your teacher’s good side from day one. How sweet is this little upcycled canister made from an old coffee can?
3. Custom Zipper Pulls – Get those backpacks organized with zipper pull labels. You can make these for your daycare-aged kid, or use different designs to label the zippers on your older kids’ bags.
4. Reusable Snack Bag – Ditch disposable plastic baggies in favor of a waste-free lunch!
5. Cloth Napkins – Speaking of a waste-free lunch, how about some reusable cloth napkins instead of single-use paper ones?
6. DIY Lunch Bag – You can use felted wool or any other heavy fabric, like reclaimed denim, to make these reusable lunch bags.
7. Soda Bottle Pencil Case – Turn a couple of old soda bottles into a clear pencil case to keep your kiddos organized.
8. Paper Bag Book Cover – Go old school and protect your kids’ textbooks from wear and tear with this back to school video tutorial.
9. Desk Organizer – Use old paper tubes to make a standing organizer for your kid’s desk before the whirlwind of homework strikes!
10. Miniature Notepad – Is your kid the one who never has a piece of paper? Stash a few of these teeny notepads in his bag as backup, so that he can jot down homework assignments.