Published on August 9th, 2013 | by Bonnie Getchell0
Back to School Gift for Teachers: An Upcycled Apple Canister
Show your child’s new teacher that she is loved and appreciated with an upcycled apple back to school gift!
What You Will Need:
1. A coffee canister with the lid
3. Green recycled paper (I used a magazine)
4. A branch
5. Hot glue/hot glue gun
How To Do It:
1. Remove any labels from the coffee canister. Then, clean the canister with soap and water.
2. Once the canister is dry, spray paint it! Remember, several light coats will give you the best results. One heavy coat of spray paint may cause drips! I also spray painted the lid because my lid was yellow.
3. Cut your branch– it will become your “stem.”
4. Cut a small piece from your green paper– this will become the leaf of the apple.
5. Hot glue the leaf to the stem. Then, glue both pieces to the lid of the coffee canister like so: