Published on June 26th, 2014 |
by Bonnie Getchell
DIY Crafts: 25 Ways to Recycle CDs and DVDs
Recycle your unused CDs and DVDs into awesome DIY crafts!
With the rise of digital music and streaming videos, CDs and DVDs will eventually fade like floppy disks and vinyl records. Maybe it’s not that serious quite yet, but technology definitely seems to be heading that way. As a musician, I have a small collection of CDs, but sadly, I rarely listen to them anymore (because I have them on my computer and iPhone). Have no fear, though — there’s new life for our unused CDs and DVDs! We’ve rounded up 25 incredible DIY crafts and activities that will make you rethink the average disk. Click through each link below and be inspired!
1. Disco ball from old CDs
2. CD sun catcher
3. Recycled CD wish list ornament
4. DIY CD roofing (you could even use this idea for a doll house or a tree house!)
5. Upcycle an old CD into a clock
6. Put CDs or DVDs in your garden
7. Make a ninja star
8. Create CD spinners
9. DIY mosaic jewelry storage box
10. CD hanging wall art
11. CD and DVD beads
12. DIY tutorial: mirrored collars
13. How to crochet around a CD
14. Make mosaic art (just cut up old CDs or DVDs instead of a broken mirror)
15. CD wish list ornament
16. Stenciled CD or DVD coasters
17. DIY CD statement earrings
18. CD garden art
19. DVD mosaic tile bird bath
20. Coffee can and CD wind chime
21. CD mosaic table
22. Use a CD as a signal mirror in an emergency
23. Mosaic CD mirror
24. DIY garden markers
25. Mosaic flower pot with CDs
Which CD or DVD project is your personal favorite? Have you created any DIY crafts of your own out of CDs or DVDs? If so, share them with us! We would love to pin them to our Green Crafts board on Pinterest!
[Photo credit: DVDs scattered on a table via Shutterstock]
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!