Published on February 5th, 2014 | by Becky Striepe3
Southern Lights Homemade Bath Salts (+ printable label!)
Do you have a hard time coming up with Valentines Day gifts for men on your list? These manly homemade bath salts are simple to make and smell like heaven.
Homemade bath salts may not seem like the ideal gift for a fella, but this combination of earthy scents makes a perfect Valentines Day gift for the guys in your life. Every guy has a little bit of stress in his life, and a nice soak in the tub with some soothing bath salts helps melt stress away.
These homemade bath salts are epsom salt-based. Epsom salts are widely available and full of natural properties that help soothe sore muscles and help you relax. I wrote a piece for Feelgood Style on the wonders of epsom salts, if you want to read more about these magical crystals!
You can give homemade bath salts as a solo gift or make a little stress-busting basket with other soothing goodies like his favorite herbal tea or craft beer and a buckwheat eye pillow.
Southern Lights Homemade Bath Salts
- 1 printable Southern Lights Bath Salts label (or you can make your own on reclaimed paper!)
- 1 pint-sized mason jar, with lid and ring (I used a blue mason jar, but you can you whatever you have handy, as long as it’s not a wide-mouth jar.)
- double sided tape
- large bowl
- 2 cups of epsom salts
- 15 drops Texas cedarwood or sandalwood essential oil
1. Print and cut out the label, and save the rest of the scrap paper for another project. Use a couple of strips of double-sided tape to stick your printed label onto the top of your mason jar.
2. In a large bowl, combine the epsom salts and essential oils, mixing really well.
3. Spoon or funnel the homemade bath salts from your bowl to your mason jar, and you’re ready to gift!