Published on April 18th, 2013 | by Bonnie Getchell2
How To: DIY Scrap Fabric Pulls
This week I finished a fabulous little side table for my craft and furniture booth. I bought the table without knobs and it was hard to find new ones because the doors are so close together. I saw Primp’s tutorial on fabric pulls on Pinterest and decided to make my own single pull version! Here’s what I started with:
What You Will Need:
1. A scrap of fabric
How To Do It:
1. Cut out a small strip of fabric.
2. Knot one end of the strip. You can leave a little bit of fabric on the end to have something to “pull.”
3. Then, place the other end of the strip in the hole of your door/drawer.
4. Knot the other end of the strip. Make sure the knot is as close to the door/drawer as possible.
5. Cut off any excess fabric from the back.
Don’t the pulls make such a huge difference? I love the pop of color, as well!
You could easily change the fabric to match the color scheme of your home, too! What color would you choose?
Looking for other ways to use your fabric scraps? Check these projects out:
- Five Projects You Can Make Using Leftover Fabric Scraps
- Fab Fabrics: Raid Your Scrap Bin!
- DIY Fresh Fabric Scrap Bouquet (via Green Upgrader)
- How To: Sew a Postage Stamp Quilt from Small Fabric Scraps
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!