Published on November 9th, 2012 | by Bonnie Getchell1
Toilet Paper Roll Turkey
This toilet paper roll turkey is so simple to make and would be adorable on your Thanksgiving table!
What You Will Need:
1. Toilet paper or paper towel rolls. I used two toilet paper rolls.
2. Book pages or other recycled paper
3. Hot glue/hot glue gun
5. School glue. If you can, use eco-glue!
6. Permanent marker
How To Do It:
1. Cut your toilet paper rolls. I cut a 1.5 inch piece for the body of the turkey and I cut the “feathers” into 1 cm pieces.
2. Color your book pages. I did a section of yellow, orange, and a dark red. (In retrospect, I could have fit all of the colors onto one page.)
4. Once your feathers are dry, cut around the leaves, leaving the paper on the back of the feathers.
5. Hot glue your feathers to the back of the turkey’s “body.” (Side note: I hot glued my feathers to the turkey and then realized my turkey would not stand up straight because the feathers were lower than the bottom of its body. Make sure this doesn’t happen to your turkey!)
6. With a black permanent marker, draw eyes on your turkey.
7. Using your book page scraps, cut out a triangle for the tukey’s nose and the shape of a wattle (the red thing that hangs from a turkey’s nose). I colored the nose yellow and the wattle red.
8. Hot glue the nose and the wattle below the eyes.
With this turkey, a recycled paper pumpkin, and a recycled utensil holder, you’ll impress your family with a beautiful Thanksgiving table!
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!